/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

THE SKULL (1965)


 Amicus studios in England made a bunch of anthology-type horror movies. This isn't one of them but I think maybe it would have worked better as a shorter story in one of those. As it is this is one of the stupider movies I've seen in a while. Apparently the skull of the Marquis de Sade turns people into psycho-killers. Now I'm no literary historian but I believe the Marquis de Sade was just some guy who wrote books about S & M and didn't murder people but what do I know? Peter Cushing is our star here and he plays a collector of strange antique items. He ends up getting attacked by a skull on obvious strings and it's all very dumb and very British. Christopher Lee is in this also but doesn't do much. Also that paralyzed guy from A CLOCKWORK ORANGE that tells Alex to "please try the wine" shows up in a small part and I always enjoy seeing him besides that though I would say stick with the Amicus anthologies instead.  Perhaps even FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE or THE MONSTER CLUB would be nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment