/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

DEVIL KILLER (1981)

  


 After having viewed the other Taiwanese DEVIL KILLER from the previous year I figured I would give this one a watch. I thought it would be a similar kung fu epic but there's actually very minimal martial arts in this and it relies mostly on gun-fu and drama concerning a hitman's quest for redemption. Sadly the version I watched was severely cropped on the sides and subtitled so that anytime someone said more than a few words it was cut off on either end. I don't expect something this obscure will ever be cleaned up but if it was it would be a way less disappointing viewing experience. 

 Two things I didn't expect  from this Taiwanese gangster flick: 1. the classic arcade game Missile Command puts in an appearance 2. Music from ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST showing up multiple times for dramatic effect. One other thing I really didn't expect is the one character that pretty much does a goofy Jackie Chan impersonation for much of the film(Hsaio-Fei Lee?) getting brutally gunned down by the bad guys so that's something.


Shitty cropped YouTube version!: 


2 comments: