/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, December 26, 2021

KIDNAP LOVER (1976)



  This is the other film directed by the guy who made AXE(Frederick R. Friedel) in the 70s(he would resume directing in the 2000s with 2 films, including one called BLOOD BROTHERS which is an attempt to combine his two 70s films into one cohesive narrative(I'm not sure how successful that is but I have my doubts)). This one starts out really good with a great gritty feel and some nasty shootings involving a crotch and an asshole before kind of meandering to a weird conclusion. It kind of seemed to me like a 70s version of BUFFALO '66 in some ways but with a tougher lead actor. While I wouldn't put this quite up there with AXE, which is one of my all-time favs, in terms of bizarreness it does have a certain artsy flair to it mixed with a sleazy grindhouse sensibility that I think fans of this decade's cinema would appreciate. AKA DATE WITH A KIDNAPPER and KIDNAPPED COED


No comments:

Post a Comment