/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Monday, January 29, 2018

THE SECRET OF THE MUMMY (1982)

                                      "It's a mummy! What the hell kind of a motel is this?"



 Finally caught a showing of this Brazilian obscurity at the local weird-o theater over the weekend and it was well worth leaving the house for. This has got to be the strangest mummy movie ever made. It all starts off in black and white and looks like something from the 1950's before switching over to (mostly)color. The story deals with a psychotic professor/mad doctor-type who murders a bunch of people to find a mummy who he then injects with an immortality serum. He also has a bald sidekick named Igor who occasionally acts like a super spazzed-out version of Curly from The Three Stooges and likes to have his head licked for sexy fun times. The mummy proceeds to go on a murder/kidnapping-ladies-spree while random newsreel-type footage unspools intermittently.
 The closest thing I can compare this insane trip to is the 2 ANDY WARHOL monster films. Like what if in addition to ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN they had also, at the same time, made a MUMMY flick but instead of Europe they made it cheaper down in South America and got ol' Coffin Joe himself to help(Joe's civilian alter-ego Jose Mojica Marins I believe was one of the producers of this and he allegedly appears but since he wasn't wearing his normal threads I musta missed him). There's also a bit of a ROCKY HORROR-vibe going on but without any of that singing and dancing to get in the way of the insanity. With the ample nudity, decapitated head-rolling scene, wacky sex romps and overall weirdness factor I would highly recommend this if you can find it anywhere.
 I will personally be looking for more of director Ivan Cordoso's other films. I know he made one of the later Paul Naschy Hombre-Lobo flicks, so that's probably the easiest to find even though I hear it's not all that great.



                                     Boob-filled Japanese trailer!:









2 comments:

  1. LOL, that looks AWESOME. If you ever find it on-line, please let us all know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked but have only found the trailer so far. That's why I made sure I didn't miss this recent theatrical showing. If I do find the whole thing though I will post an update. There is a DVD set put out by Camp Motion Pictures that contains this along with a few other Ivan Cordoso films that I think I will have to pick up soon.

      Delete