/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Monday, August 9, 2010

THE GRAPES OF DEATH (1978)


Jean Rollin has made some of the most boring movies ever (ZOMBIE LAKE anyone?), so it's not very surprising that what you get here is another one of the most boring, slowest moving zombie movies ever made. I expect zombies to be slow but why does even the heroine wanders around so friggin' slowly?  I use the term "zombies' very loosely as well, since they're more like the crazy nutsos from George Romero's THE CRAZIES in all actuality. There are 3 good gore scenes on display here but besides that there's nothing but very slow-paced boredom to entice the viewer. You get a decapitation, a crucifixion and a pitchforking which I guess is better than nothing but only slightly.

Don't drink the wine!:

5 comments:

  1. The movie may be boring, but I love that poster artwork! Zombies and naked chicks are always a win-win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, that poster is amazing! There is nudity and zombie-like people but unfortunately I don't recall a scene like that in the actual film. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unfortunate. I remember being fooled many a time by the kick-ass VHS covers at the video stores when I was young. *sigh* If only reality weren't so cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually the DVD has a pretty boring picture of a blind lady which I suppose more accurately conveys the boringness of the movie. I think only people in Germany got that kick-ass imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't Europe always get the kick-ass stuff? Some of the DVD imports I've seen are just ludicrously dripping with awesomeness while the U.S. releases are pretty boring fare.

    ReplyDelete