/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, March 20, 2021

LISA AND THE DEVIL (1973)


 Even though I'm a big fan of director Mario Bava and star Telly Savalas this has never been one of my favorites. I think it's because it comes down a little too much on the artsy-fartsy side of things and a lot less on the side of actually having any kind of engaging plot. It all looks good, of course, and Telly is good as the devil but if I ever feel the need to re-watch this I will probably go with the super-exploitative, EXORCIST-rip-off, re-edited version know as HOUSE OF EXORCISM but I know that's not a popular choice amongst the majority of horror fans. 

 Interestingly Bava wanted to get Bette Davis to play the blind countess role here but ended up with Alida Valli, which just kept reminding me of SUSPIRIA and how much better that movie is to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment