/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TAI-CHI MASTER (1993)


I've never been a big fan of Jet Li. Maybe it's because I first saw him in big Hollywood-type films or maybe it's because I was raised on old school Shaw Brothers style kung-fu flicks but he's never really appealed to me and the fact that he is so well known is a little surprising as well.
This movie is one of those epic battle type of martial arts flicks that he seemed to always appear in where everything is on as grand a scale as possible and one guy fights an army of 1000 soldiers and doesn't get a scratch on him. These type of films are never my favorites and this one being directed by the guy who choreographed the fight scenes in THE MATRIX guaranteed that there would just be a bunch of wire-work stunts and flying superhero antics. On the plus side though the pace here is super fast and the action really doesn't stop from start to finish. I can see why so many people praise this film but like with most forms of entertainment I'll stick with the 70's era classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment