/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

DEATH KISS (1976)


 This is a weird little obscure Greek flick about a murdering rape-happy fellow who looks a little like a sweaty Oliver Reed. The plot takes some strange twists as our protagonist teams up with a guy looking to off his wife so he can get his hands on her cash. There's lots of backstabbing and some old Greek dancing thrown in. Going into this I thought I would be getting a more explicit giallo or horror type film but things unfortunately play out in a more straight-forward thriller fashion despite the more lurid components involved. The poster screams "you will never see this on TV" but ironically I think if you just cut the couple of boob shots out I could imagine this would probably play very much like a TV-movie. Then again the version I watched of this may have been cut since it ends very abruptly.
 This was also released under the way cooler title of THE RAPE KILLER and the way more literal titles of HE MURDERED HIS WIFE.
 Addendum 12/29/23: I finally watched the uncut version of this under the title of THE WIFE KILLER and that's the way to go if you want to check this out. My opinion greatly improved I also feel this no longer seems like something that could ever play on TV with these additional elements.




No comments:

Post a Comment