/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

DEMON OF THE LUTE (1983)


 I guess the closest thing I would compare this ridiculous kung fu epic to, with it's over-sized weapons and outrageous characters, is an episode of the DRAGONBALL Z anime. It starts out with a saying that this movie is dedicated to children and besides the fact that it features a little kid in a main role it also feels like a crazy daydream of a kid raised on chopsockey movies and comic-books. It does fall a little too much into the overly silly category for me personally but if I saw this when I was about 7 years old this might have been my favorite movie ever. You get all kinds of cartoonish characters including a birdman, a guy with stretchy arms, a bald guy who grows some crazy red hair when he gets pumped up, a fat & skinny elf, a hermaphrodite, an alcoholic named Old Naughty and a whole bunch more. Definitely the most kid-friendly Shaw Brothers film I've seen yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment