/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

KINGFISHER THE KILLER (1981)

 
                        "You just mean you want me to go to bed with you. Not... much... else!"

 Either this movie has one the most drastically abrupt cliffhanger endings or the version I watched of it was missing a few minutes of it's ending but either way I think I get the drift. It's starts out pretty action-packed with this dude fighting off a gang of fellows with bad intentions. Then a mostly naked lady gets used as a human shied and blood splatters as she's stabbed right in the back and an old lady is drowned in a bathtub! From there it settles into a fairly standard kung fu revenge plot where our hero tries to exact vengeance on his ex-partner. What makes this stand out is the absurd dubbing in a few scenes which give it all an unintentional comedic element. Also the inclusion of music from Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA give it a totally out of place creepy vibe. Also this title seems a little bizarre to me. I guess their making a reference to the bird since I guess that could be the fighting style the main character uses but it mostly makes me think of that  black guy from AMOS N' ANDY. An OK waste of time for 3am insomniac viewings. AKA THE FINAL DUEL
 This is listed a few places as having been directed by Godfrey Ho but I'm thinking they just slapped his name on it since it doesn't seem like it was made in Hong Kong at all and it's also credited as being directed by someone named Wisan Suntisucha so I'm guessing that's correct cuz it sounds way more Thai to me.



King Fish:

No comments:

Post a Comment