/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

REVENGE OF THE DEAD (1983)


 I first caught this movie back in the VHS days sometime in the 80's and boy was I disappointed! I mean look at that video box that was staring back at me up there. Already being a fan of stuff like ZOMBIE and NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES I was all ready for agore-filled Italian gut-munching jamboree and when I got home what I actually got was a boring, talky, sorta science-fictiony thing about a doctor who's trying to reanimate dead bodies or something like that. It was a terrible letdown for young me. Fast forward to last weekend and I got a chance to revisit this teenage nemesis as the last film playing on a drive-in zombiefest marathon. Well my opinion hasn't changed much. Why this was even included is sort of a mystery because except for the cool poster and misleading ads this has no gory living dead action at all! The original Italian title for this was ZEDER which is the doctor's name and is way more boring but also way more appropriate for this terrible movie. I guess it does serve the purpose of facilitating naps in your car at the drive-in at least.  
 Director Pupi Avati did redeem himself in my eyes after I saw his HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS which was a pretty creepy giallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment