/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, September 25, 2015

THE GREEN INFERNO (2015)


 This movie was actually finished two years ago and was supposed to be released last year but didn't hit screens until yesterday so, of course, I had to get out there and see it. If you told me back in the 80's that at some point in my lifetime I would see a major release of a cannibal movie to theaters in the U.S. I woulda never believed ya but here it is. The film itself is a super-gory, fun watch if you're a fan of the 80's grindhouse Italian gut-munchers. The one real down-spot for me was the inclusion of some terrible-looking cgi-ants but besides that I can't say anything bad about this. Most of the characters here put themselves in such a stupid situation that you don't feel very sorry for them even when the most horrific things are happening to them or around them. The obvious but timely and appropriate anti-social justice warriors message comes through loud and clear which is nice. As far as where this fits in  the cannibal film genre I would say this isn't the best one but for a new movie it's amazing and it's equally amazing to me that it was made at all and is definitely worth supporting. Sadly since so many "horror" fans seem to have a personal grudge against director Eli Roth for some reason I'm not sure how successful this will be. I'm hoping it at least spawns the sequel that is promised in it's after-credits sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment