/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

CHARIOTS OF THE GODS (1970)



 I'm a pretty big fan of these ridiculous 70s "documentaries". I don't actually think any of them have one bit of actual science or information in them but they are completely riveting to me none the less. This one kicked off all those funky ones to follow for the next decade including the most well known example of this genre- IN SEARCH OF... with Leonard Nimoy. While this one is not nearly as absurd as something like MYSTERIES OF THE GODS with William Shatner it does have a groovy/spooky soundtrack and enough wacky claims about ancient alien encounters to make it a fun watch if you can't sleep at 3am. It does get a bit tedious by the end which also makes this a good movie to fall asleep to. I can't imagine the type of person that would take any of these docs seriously but I guess there's all kinds of insanity out there. Perhaps the insanity of it all is the reason I love these movies. I mean not once does the narration ever give any other explanation to anything presented except that "aliens musta done it". I'm pretty sure if I did even a little research into this movie I would find out that everything in this has been debunked by now by why ruin the joy of viewing some crackpot theories?


No comments:

Post a Comment