/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, March 29, 2019

DRAG ME TO HELL (2009)



 Director Sam Raimi is, of course, beloved by horror fans thanks to his EVIL DEAD series. After those he made a few movies no one seems to care much about and some big budget Hollywood SPIDER-MAN flicks that more mainstream-types might enjoy and then he returned to horror with this. While not the worst thing I've ever seen it's a far cry from his younger years in terms of intense horror. Perhaps that PG-13 rating and yearning for mass-acceptance had something to do with that. I actually watched the "director's cut" so I guess I got a little more blood being thrown around still nothing all that extreme. Some terrible c.g.i. and a very Hollywood-feel to everything didn't help either. It doesn't go with the traditional ending, I'll give it credit for that, unfortunately I saw the ending(and a few other plot points) coming a mile away. This certainly made me long for the days of rapist trees.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment