/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, March 7, 2020

TEENAGE GANG DEBS (1966)


 Caught this as the second part of a double bill with the far superior but kinda/sorta similar girl-gang opus SHE DEVILS ON WHEELS last night. Perhaps my expectations were a bit high going in but I didn't think this one really lived up to the hype I had heard. I did enjoy that all the Italian male gang members talk like The Fonz and all the ladies talk like Laverne from LAVERNE & SHIRLEY but besides the nifty accents it was a bit of a letdown. There's lots of shaky camerawork and a pretty sleazy plot about our main gal (Diane Conti) moving from Manhattan to Brooklyn and infiltrating a gang there that she proceeds to tear apart. There is a comeuppance that's dished out at the end but I was never too sure who I was supposed to be rooting for to come out on top. A sleazy, groovy-music and oddball dancing-filled oddity that's worth a look for hardcore fans of the Something Weird video label(which is where I first heard of it). Re-released under the amazing moniker of  LEATHER JACKET JUNGLE


No comments:

Post a Comment