/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, January 9, 2009

THX 1138 (1971)

Photobucket

In the end humanity wins out. Sorry for spoiling that for you. What does humanity win though? Watching a sunrise? It's the little things we miss most of all when they're gone. Maybe I'm just putting my own philosophy up over the one presented in the movie but I think that's why I like this movie so much. It doesn't have a strict message. I mean it does argue against the inhumanity of technology. Kind of an ironic argument when you think about the fact that Mr. Lucas is largely responsible for the soulless unimaginative inhuman look of modern movies. Watching this director's cut I was saddened by the inclusion of some very STAR WARSY type of effects added in. They're fleeting but they're there and they stand out so much. This isn't STAR WARS. It's as far as you can get from that movie and still be sci-fi. When I was a kid I would've hated this movie as an adult I know the ideas it's trying to portray. What destroys the spark in someone like George Lucas? Is it age or greed or just a complacency that comes with success? Maybe just a combination of those. Is it just "A love story filmed on location in the 21st century" or does it mean more? Maybe it's just a bunch of future stars ascending to greater monetary success but I see it as a high point in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment