/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

STANLEY (1972)



A true example of a grind-house film made in the early seventies in the golden year of 1972. That year seems to be the pinnacle of low-down trashy cinema. A magical time that doesn't seem to ever be in danger of returning. I guess when people accept mindless uncreative trash as entertainment there's no need to write anything above a 2nd grade mentality and we get stuck with garbage cartoons like AVATAR that pass for creativity. I'm not sure what that has to do with this killer snake flick but I just figured I'd share some thoughts. Anyhow what you got here is a snake-lovin' hero who ends up not really being much of a hero by the end but the twists are all part of the bizarre ride. There's also one great nutty villain here in the stripey-pants psycho acid-head with the matching bowling shoes. I think I may have found a future Halloween costume here. A good movie for snake-lovers like the lady I watched it with or people that want to see snakes smashed about in a graphic manner cuz U get that also in a most un-p.c. way. But don't worry it's all for the sake of the plot. Yes it's sort of a snake filled version of WILLARD but check it out. I recommend it despite the horrific folk music soundtrack.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment