/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

DIE SCREAMING, MARIANNE (1971)


Susan George, probably looking the hottest out of any other movie I've seen her in, stars in this tale of a family that goes to extreme measures to obtain some inheritance that only she can get her hands on. The problem with a lot of English director Pete Walker's films is that you go in expecting a horror film when what you get is really just a thriller with a horror movie title and poster. What you get here isn't terrible for a thriller but it never lives up to the expected bloodiness that would become more common throughout the 70's. You also are never sure what any of the characters are up to which I guess is supposed to keep you on the edge of your seat but it left me just feeling confused through much of the running time. Not a complete waste of time but I did feel cheated that we only got to see George go-go dance during the title sequence which was very James Bond-like. This was originally rated X in England. Why that is I have no idea.

"Balls!":

2 comments:

  1. I think Susan George is amazingly hot in every movie. Boner material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first movie that I ever thought she was anything special in. It must be the bikini.

    ReplyDelete