/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

ELIMINATORS (1986)

I caught this crappy 80's sci-fi flick playing in the back of a bar earlier this week.  While that might not have been the optimal viewing condition the alcohol definitely helped me enjoy what is a really stupid film.  Produced by Charles Band this surprisingly doesn't feature any killer dolls or puppets but it has a whole bunch of other silly elements including a mandroid (which is a half man/half android which seems a bit redundant to me) a little robot that looks like a mini version of Vincent from THE BLACK HOLE, a stereotypical militant butch lesbian baddie(complete with flannel shirt and short haircut), a pirate Han Solo-type character, a kung fu guy, some cavemen and even a couple of Roman soldiers running around.  You would think with this kitchen-sink approach it might be more entertaining but it's really just one big comic-booky clusterfuck which was obviously influenced by a bunch of stuff like THE TERMINATOR, STAR WARS and whatever sci-fi/action movie was a hit in the late 70's/early 80's and also a bunch of comics.  I would say this is something I woulda liked when I was younger but I saw this when I was younger and I don't remember liking it much back then either.  If you like superhero style sci-fi junk maybe this will give you a cheap thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment