/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

SKID ROW (2013)




 This was directed by a friend of mine and I even appear in the fucking thing for a split second! Usually when people review movies made by their friends they're super polite and positive not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. Not being a hypocritical asshole I will not be that guy. Honestly though I did not completely hate this movie as I much as I expected to. Being a fan of 70's cinema and automatically despising anything remotely new, this is definitely not something I would seek out or recommend to anyone but at least there's a sleazy rape scene, a castration, decapitation, torture with a chainsaw, frolicking lesbianism and a couple of references to DEATH WISH. These are all good things, of course the problem with newer movies referencing older movies is that it just reminds me of how much better everything was back when they actually made films on film. There are a couple of celebrity rapper appearances here with Schooly-D and R.A. The Rugged Man and the Stallone promised here probably isn't any Stallone you've ever heard of before. Finally, to be fair, the version of this that I viewed was apparently not complete so I imagine it will be more spiffy when it gets an official release.


No comments:

Post a Comment