/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

THE CASE OF THE BLOODY IRIS (1972)


 I had this movie as part of a giallo box set(along with THE BLOODSTAINED SHADOW, SHORT NIGHT OF THE GLASS DOLLS and WHO SAW HER DIE) until it, and all the other DVD's I owned at the time, was stolen by a junkie. I still miss it since it was such a cool set with every movie being at least a decent watch but this one is definitely my favorite. I was able to replace all the films except this one but I have found it online. Re-watching it I can recall why I originally dug it so much. It starts out with a slashing on an elevator and then goes into the whole murder mystery thing involving some sexy models and a bunch of red herrings. There's crazy strip club sequences and a masked killer who dresses in total black and looks like the chainsaw maniac in PIECES. I think this one comes very close to the Argento-level of quality of films from this genre. AKA WHAT ARE THOSE STRANGE DROPS OF BLOOD DOING ON JENNIFER'S BODY?, EROTIC BLUE and SHOCKINGLY TRUE...EROTIC BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment