/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, April 10, 2014

PRO WRESTLERS VS. ZOMBIES (2014)



 New movies suck! New shot-on-video zombie movies really suck! Strange as it may seem this movie actually ended up playing at a local theater for a few days. How that happened I have no idea. A friend of mine dragged me to this and, not surprisingly, we were the only two people in the theater. It occurred to me while watching this that pro wrestlers should theoretically be better actors. I mean they spend their whole lives playing the part of a "good guy" or "bad guy" but I suppose that's mostly improv because, judging by this movie, when it comes to reading already written lines they're not so good at it. There's not really much good to say about this. The main wrestlers(Roddy Piper & Shane Douglas) are past their prime, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, in particular, looks like he might require a walker to get around. There's way too much horrible nu-metal music playing through almost every scene! Whoever this shitty band is that did this soundtrack I now feel like I've heard their entire discography and it hurt me. The gore is really badly done. They do use practical effects as far as I could tell but they're just really awful ones and the whole thing comes off as a super amateurish home video that really has no business playing anywhere someone would have to pay for it. I wonder if they could have possibly sold more than 2 tickets?
 For a less gory but far better-made wrestler battling zombies flick go watch SANTO VS. THE ZOMBIES.



No comments:

Post a Comment