/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, April 25, 2014

THE DEVIL'S RAIN (1975)


 This might have more sentimental/nostalgic value to me than actually being a great movie or anything but I think it's still a goofy entertaining watch. Plus you get a bunch of 60's/70's stars including Eddie Albert, Tom Skerritt, William Shatner and the great Ernest Borgnine looking like a goat/ram-man and playing the eternal leader of a group of desert-dwelling Satanists. I musta blinked a couple of times the last time I watched this because I completely missed John Travolta but I know he's in there somewhere(this was his first film) and Anton Lavey who, of course, plays a Satanic priest. I did watch it on an ancient VHS tape with an extremely full screen print with constant audio noise. Perhaps a DVD-upgrade is in order but this did serve to remind me of how it looked when viewed on some late night showing back in the late 70's/early 80's. Another cool thing about this film is that it uses a Hieronymus Bosch painting (that I also have hanging on my wall) in an effectively creepy way. Also there's a crazy melty finale which kinda made me think of the movie STREET TRASH that came out a decade later. So if you dig the Satanic 70's this one might be worth a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment