/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

MANSON FAMILY VACATION (2015)



 If you told me there was a movie about a strange adopted fellow who has an obsession with Charles Manson and every piece of minute trivia surrounding the Tate/LaBianca murders, I would think that someone may have stolen my diary and written a screenplay based on it. Luckily though, since I do not have a diary (or a brother, which the main character in this film does), I can see this is all just a big weird coincidence.
 The movie itself is pretty strange. It's classified as a dark comedy but nothing very funny happens. The subject matter is obviously dark but I can't really see this appealing to too many horror fans outside of those who need to see everything Manson-related. The killer from SAW(Tobin Bell) does show  up as a modern-day Manson-cult member but I don't imagine many SAW fans would care much about that. Overall it's basically a very overly dramatic drama about familial/societal relationships which throws a twist ending in to tie it all up. It also goes a little too Hollywood-shticky(like most new movies) for my personal taste but maybe if you have low enough expectations and like unfunny comedies you might be able to tolerate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment