/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

THE FIVE VENOMS (1978)


 When kung-fu fans bring up classic Shaw Brothers films this one(aka FIVE DEADLY VENOMS) is usually right at the top of their list of favorites. While I do find this movie entertaining I'm not sure if I'd actually rank it all that high. That probably has more to do with how many other great movies the Shaws churned out over the years than with the quality of this movie. Off the top of my head  I can think of AVENGING EAGLE, FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS and CRIPPLED AVENGERS as a few that I would rank higher and have re-watched more than this. I think VENOMS gets such high points because it was shown so often back in the day when Saturday-afternoon TV was full of all the classic fu-flicks. It's also full of murder, mystery and lots of action with some crazy animal-based fighting styles. I think maybe I just don't care as much about the characters in this one as I'm supposed to. Still a solid martial-arts classic worth a watch for real fans.

The best part of this flick is the intro of our bad-ass title characters!:

No comments:

Post a Comment