/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

THE HIDEOUS SUN DEMON (1959)


 "I've told him before that bourbon and water go together, not bourbon and radiation!"

 This has always been one of my favorite 50s monster-on-the-loose flicks. I'm not exactly sure why but I think it has something to do with a monster who wears pants being such an absurd visual that I can't help but love it! This is also why I rank THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE(also from 1959) so high. This monster here is a bit cooler though since he hangs out in a dive bar and ends up in a sleazy ladies bedroom which makes him much more relatable to me personally. Also after killing a bully he goes home and just wants to be left alone in his room which means this monster is somewhat in control and not a mindless rampaging creature which is a neat twist for a 50s monster. For such an obviously low-budgeted film this really stands out and I think it should be a more popular cult-classic. Maybe if it had ever been on Mystery Science Theater the 30-year-old monster-kids would rate it higher.
 There was a re-dubbed comedy version of this movie called in 1983 called WHAT'S UP HIDEOUS SUN DEMON?(AKA REVENGE OF THE SUN DEMON) that I have not seen and I'm not sure I need to.




 AKA THE (regular/non-hideous)SUN DEMON:


No comments:

Post a Comment