/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

STRAY CAT ROCK: BEAT '71 (1971)


 The fifth and very last of the 'Stray Cats' films. This one is a bit different because instead of a bad-ass female biker gang our heroes now are a bunch of hippies. One of them does carry a gun though and they're not above resorting to violence, or crazy-gluing a guy's ass to a chair, when necessary. I was gonna rank this one as my least favorite for this and also that they introduce a kid that they travel around with but then right in the middle of the film my favorite Japanese garage-rock band The Mops show up and perform a song on the back of a truck in a completely random scene that made me reevaluate the whole movie. Also there's a pretty explosive finale with a cool shootout in an old-western town. AKA STRAY CAT ROCK: CRAZY RIDER '71


 These films are really hard to rank since they are all almost equally entertaining but here is my list at the moment from best to worst:
 1. STRAY CAT ROCK: SEX HUNTER - This is the first and only one of the films that I've re-watched multiple times now. I think it gets the combination of snazzy music and groovy visuals down the best out of them all and is probably the one newbies should start with.
2. STRAY CAT ROCK: WILD JUMBO - I think when I first watched this one I wasn't sure how I felt about it but after thinking about it more I give it extra points for melding in a heist plot to end things up in a, standard for this series, downbeat fashion.
3. STRAY CAT ROCK: BEAT '71 - Even with all the hippies and a kid we still get a bad-guy biker gang and some of the best garage rock from Japan!
4. STRAY CAT ROCK: MACHINE ANIMAL - Making me hate the girls right from the start was a bit of a downer for me with this one and also the ending seems a bit abrupt.
5. STRAY CAT ROCK: DELINQUENT GIRL BOSS - Strangely enough the very first film in the series is probably the one I found the least exciting. Glad they kept going though.



No comments:

Post a Comment