/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

UNHINGED (1982)



 I've seen this 80s slasher twice now(once on DVD and once in an actual theater), why I watched it a second time I'm not entirely sure. I guess I forgot how crappy it was the first time. On my first viewing, because this was one of those notorious "video nasties" banned in England, and all that, I was expecting something a lot more gory and was disappointed on that level as there's a pretty low body count and not really much blood. The 2nd watch I went into with much lower expectations and even then I couldn't get past the extremely terrible acting, the annoying electronic keyboard soundtrack and the very dull slow-moving pace of everything. On the plus side there is some shower nudity and they throw you a twist ending. Might be more appealing to slasher fans who enjoy slowly built mood over bloodshed but I'm not sure how many of those there actually are.
 There is a 2017 made in England remake of this that I've never seen. I guess the original was more popular there?

No comments:

Post a Comment