/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, December 25, 2020

GOLGO 13: ASSIGNMENT KOWLOON (1977)


 I have this movie on a DVD set of Sonny Chiba movies and it was the last one I watched. Maybe because of the Chiba burnout I couldn't really get into it all that much. It seemed like a pretty standard Japanese gangster flick with Chiba playing the super tough guy hitman who luckily also knows his martial arts. 

 I don't know much about the Golgo 13 character, he sorta seems like a Japanese version of James Bond but way more cold-blooded. I do recall playing a Nintendo Golgo 13 game back in the 80s and I know he's based on a manga and a follow up anime series but that's about it. Apparently there was an early live-action version in 1973 and a bunch of follow up films after this but I've yet to see any of those.   


No comments:

Post a Comment