/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

THE RESURRECTION OF GOLDEN WOLF (1979)


 I feel like this is a movie that I should like more than I do. It's a well-shot Japanese action/crime flick with a cool leading man(Yuusaka Matsuda) doing cool stuff but despite this I couldn't really get into it. Perhaps the highly convoluted plot about a salaryman trying to take over his company wasn't for me or maybe it was the running time of over 2 hours that turned me off. The first thing that ticked me off though is that I own this film as part of a Sonny Chiba box-set and Mr. Chiba is not in very much of this. His small appearance was a highlight for me though. Another thing I couldn't fathom is how the main character goes from having a crazy semi-afro-looking hair-do to having a very conservative haircut whenever he was at his day-job. I realize it's supposed to be a wig but how does he fit all that curly hair under there?

 Apparently this was way more popular with Japanese folks though(perhaps due to star Matsuda's early death in 1980 making him something of a cult figure) because in 1999 it became a T.V. series called HUNT OF A NEW WOLF. I'm assuming it was a bit less violent but then again Japanese T.V. is pretty wild!


                                                  Great action sequence!:


No comments:

Post a Comment