/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, October 23, 2024

SPEAK NO EVIL (2022)



 I've seen the trailer for the American remake of this Dutch/Danish horror flick before every new movie I've seen in a theater for what seems like the last year. I can't say that I was very interested in watching it but I kept hearing about how brutal the original European version was so I decided to check it out. While there are some rather brutal events at the very end of the movie(involving a child and a naked Dutch couple) I can't say there's really much here to recommend this to anyone. I've read that the director, Cristian Tafdrup, was attempting to make the point that people are generally more concerned with being polite than appearing rude(inn this case even in the face of some pretty obviously bad signs). While this may be a concern in Europe I'm not sure folks being overly polite is a problem I run into very often being an American(specifically being a New Yorker!). The film leaves the viewer feeling the same frustration that the FUNNY GAMES movies do and I was certainly no fan of those either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment