/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, May 14, 2010

THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (1981)


 I watch this movie whenever I feel very depressed.  I'm not sure why, I just know it lifts my spirit.  I guess I just imagine the glee with which director Lucio Fulci insisted on filming the most grotesque and gory murder scenes he could.  He lingers on that shit like it's his ultimate statement and I guess it ended up being just that.  You have literally gallons of blood spraying from wounds, knives through heads, stabbings, slashing and decapitated heads rolling.  Watch out for a zombiefied Dr. Freudstein(coolest name ever!) living in the basement of an old creepy house.  My favorite shot has to be the slow pan over assorted body parts, that we assume the undead Dr. is experimenting with, while the new homeowner listens to a tape of the wacky previous owner going insane.  I will admit the slow parts are a drag and that little boy with the big head is totally annoying but if you can get past that this one is a blast for gore-hounds. AKA ZOMBIE HELL HOUSE

And the trailer is narrated by Brother Theodore which is awesome!:


                                        Um, I'm gonna go with children are monsters!:



No comments:

Post a Comment