/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SHEBA, BABY (1975)


My main problem with this Pam Grier action flick is its PG rating.  It means I'm not gonna see any boobs, not much bloodshed and I might as well watch STARSKY AND HUTCH or something like that.  There is a bloody shootout early on but that didn't help this movie from being a big flop when originally released and thanks to that it helped stall Grier's career for many years up until Quentin Tarantino gave her the starring role in JACKIE BROWN.  Director William Girdler had done some nifty horror films before this like THREE ON A MEATHOOK and ABBY which are both worth checking out.  On the positive side here you do get that bad D'Urville Martin from DOLEMITE as one of the bad guys and a memorably flashy pimp character named Walker but besides that you'd be way better off watching COFFY or FOXY BROWN for some quality classic Grier action.

3 comments:

  1. I like Sheba Baby despite the {PG} rating. Pam still looks good in that scuba gear and she still kicks some ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not completely terrible and she always looks good but she never seems very into the role in this one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I always expected to hate this one due to the rating but when I picked it up I suprised with the outcome and as you mentioned I dig that shoot-em-up scene in the begining

    ReplyDelete