/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

WELCOME TO ARROW BEACH (1974)

“I think Jason Henry kills people … girl people!”

1974 is generally a stellar year for exploitation movies. In this one a hitchhiking hippie chick ends up on a beach owned by a Korean vet and his sister who are into cannibalism and incest. The movie is slow in spots but I found it a pretty good watch with one gory murder scene and some naked hippie girl scenes to help move things along. At one point 'Boom Boom' Turner from ALL IN THE FAMILY shows up as a hooker which she also played in BARFLY "I did ya good, old fart. I did ya good. I oughta bit your champagne cork off". I guess playing sleazy old women was her specialty for many years.  Amazingly, according to IMDB she's still acting. I think I might have to check out some of her other sleazy roles as I've always enjoyed her work in a sorta uncomfortable way. Also has Sammy Davis Jr.'s wife appear as a police clerk. While this movie isn't the greatest thing from this year I found it worth viewing just for it's overall strangeness.

This also played as TENDER FLESH but when I think of that title I think of the Jess Franco flick:

No comments:

Post a Comment