/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE (1974)



"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you?"

It's kind of surprising that there weren't more imitations of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD in Italy  back in the 70's like there were in the 80's after DAWN OF THE DEAD but besides this Spanish/Italian co-production there weren't really any that I can recall off the top of my head.  What, to me, is so great about this film is that it takes the basic premise of NIGHT throws in euro-gore, tits, hippies and asshole cops and it's all in full color!  There's also the shock ending(which I guess isn't super shocking if you've seen NIGHT) and they even give a somewhat plausible explanation as to why the dead are returning to life and munching on the internal organs of the living.  The more times I watch this one the higher I elevate it in my mind to where I now put this up there alongside Romero's films and definitely above the later 80's Italian zombie flicks(at least as far as actual good film-making goes some of the others obviously win in the nutso/insane splatterfest category).  AKA's= THE LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE, BREAKFAST AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE(not exactly the scariest title ever!) & DON'T OPEN THE WINDOW

4 comments:

  1. I consider this to be one of the all time best zombie movies. It is really high up there for me. In the top five.
    1. Night Of The living Dead
    2. Dawn Of The Dead
    3. Dr. Butcher M.D.
    4. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
    5. Day Of The Dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I like this movie a little bit more every time I watch it. Some of the scenes are really iconic and it's just really well made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think on your list I would swap ZOMBIE for DR. BUTCHER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know. Im sure most would. Im just obsessed

    ReplyDelete