/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

TOWER OF SCREAMING VIRGINS (1968)


 When I think of the title TOWER OF SCREAMING VIRGINS the last thing I would think of would be an old-timey swash-buckling epic that takes place in the middle ages with a bunch of political intrigue and double-crosses.  I would think maybe horror and they do call the queen here a witch a few times but she's not actually a witch and never does anything really witchy at all besides having people killed after she bangs them which I think makes her more of a black widow spider than a witch.  There are a few murders but it's never scary or all that spooky in any way.  I might also think sexploitation and although there's a few nudie scenes here and there and even one bit with some unexpected incestual sex, I wouldn't call this a sexploitation flick.  What you basically have here is the dreaded drama disguised as an exploitation film.  While it's well done enough for what it is, it's really not my kind of film.  Maybe if it was called something else it wouldn't feel so disappointing but as it is I can't help but feel that they wasted a great title.

No comments:

Post a Comment