/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

MPD PSYCHO (2000)


 Japanese director Takashi Miike is kind of hit or miss for me.  There's some stuff by him(AUDITION, ICHI THE KILLER, FUDOH) that I really love a lot and then there's a bunch of his other stuff(GOZU, VISITOR Q, DEAD OR ALIVE) that's at least visually interesting but doesn't really have anything else going for it.  He's basically the Asian equivalent of David Lynch(another guy whose output I find totally uneven). This here made for Japanese TV series would definitely fall into the "it's interesting to look at" category for me but I have no idea what it's about or why I should care about any of the characters.  It's based on a comic book that I've never read and it's a TV mini-series where they optically censor out the gory bits.  Even with this it still seems like something way too bizarre to ever be on public TV in America.  The closest thing here, to carry on the Lynch-comparision, probably would have been TWIN PEAKS but I don't remember that show having women dying with things jammed into their vaginas(at least I think that's what happens, it's all very blurry thanks to Mr. TV-censor).  Only recommended if weird-for-weird's-sake is your cup of tea.     


No comments:

Post a Comment