/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

THE LOVE STATUE (1965)


 I first viewed this New York-filmed sexploitation flick in a bar with no sound making up my own plot in my head as it went on and I think I may have enjoyed it more that way. This is only technically a sexploitation since the actual sexiness quotient is pretty low. One unique thing about this one is that we get a sexy Asian lady in a prominent role which is pretty rare in these American-made 60's sex romps. Also there might be a gay character but I'm not sure since it's kind of ambiguous. Unfortunately there's also very little nudity or sex and people just argue a lot or drop acid. Towards the end it almost turns into a giallo as people get bumped off. The title comes from one, pretty dull, scene where our main guy is tripping out and envisions a statue coming alive. There are some cool shots showing off New York's lower east side in the 60's but that's not really enough to recommend this. The director, David Durston, went on to make the amazing, gory LSD-zombie movie I DRINK YOUR BLOOD which is much better than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment