/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

MUTANT (1984)


 I'd seen this movie way back in the 80s on glorious VHS and even had a big-ass Vestron video poster of it on my wall. That didn't stop me from promptly forgetting all about it though. It's not that it's a bad film it's just that there were so many gorier and more memorably insane zombie flicks from this era that occupied my teeny brain. Like this one. Re-watching it today I couldn't help but think that this is what that GRINDHOUSE movie PLANET TERROR would be like if it you cut all of the retarded parts out of it. Even though there's not much in the way of bloody spectacle there are some cool elements here including a liquor-fueled Bo Hopkins as the sheriff, a gang of hillbilly no-goodnick bad-asses and they even dare to kill a kid which is something you rarely saw even back in the crazy 80s. There's also some stupid things the main one being why are these the sneakiest zombies(yes, I know they are technically "mutants" but they sure seem like zombies to me) ever? I mean they're supposed to be these blood-starved maniacal monsters but they hide around in the dark twiddling their thumbs until someone stumbles upon them and then they spring into action? Also it takes what seems like forever for these creatures to actually show up which is a bit of a drag.
 While there's a good chance I will forget this one again quickly I guess it's not a bad choice to rewatch it every few decades or so. AKA NIGHT SHADOWS



                                                That tag-line doesn't really make any sense!:

No comments:

Post a Comment