/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

GOLDEN TRIANGLE: THE GHOST ISLAND (1985)


 Having never seen a Columbian horror flick before I was somewhat hyped to check this one out. Maybe this was a bad one to start with because now I'm not too sure I want to see anymore from that country. I can certainly overlook the micro-budget but the monotonous repetition on display made this one a rough watch. A man ends up dead after traveling to a mysterious island, which I guess is somewhere in the vicinity of The Bermuda Triangle, to find a big valuable solid golden triangle that was placed there by aliens. Then our hero, Jorge Pinilla, who's a large chubby man who kinda looks like Mr. Clean and has this one acting credit to his name, goes on his own quest to bring back the triangle and figure out what the hell is going on. A lot of the movie is taken up by endless scenes of walking, there's an annoying little boy character and a green alien kid that shows up. On the plus side there are a couple of humorous clunky kung-fu scenes, some man-eating shrubbery and the score(lifted from 1978's SUPERMAN soundtrack) is pretty epic. To be honest I did doze off a couple of times so I'm sure I missed at least a couple of important plot points. Unfortunately I could not sleep through the whole movie because whenever anyone gets near the big titular golden triangle it emits an ear-shattering high-pitch noise that makes for a harrowing alarm clock.
 There was a second Columbian feature playing right after this at the theater I was in titled STRANGE REGRESSION but after reading a pretty crappy review of it online I figured I would cut my losses at that point and split. Maybe one day I will regain enough courage to give this country another chance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment