/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

HARD ROCK ZOMBIES (1985)



 HARD ROCK ZOMBIES is a film that on the surface I feel like I should hate. It's a really dumb 80s film that doesn't take itself very seriously. Unlike the majority of other stupid 80s flicks though I find this one really entertaining and I've rewatched it so many times over the years that I have long ago lost count. I think it's the fact that they just throw everything into the mix that I find so appealing. Of course you get the zombies of the title, who do rock out after being turned into flesh-chomping ghouls, but in addition to that there's an old-lady werewolf, a couple of midgets, a bald Nazi weed-whacker killer, a pervy peeping-Tom, a sexy slasher-lady and to top it all off Adolph Hitler himself shows up. The music itself, while perhaps a bit on the soft and poppy side to be truly called "hard rock" is still catchy enough in that bubblegum-rock kind of way(or maybe that's just because I've heard these songs so many times that they have ear-wormed themselves into my brain!). There's boobs, blood, a Nazi monster-faced midget eats himself down to just a skull, there's an "homage" to PSYCHO and Thing from THE ADDAMS FAMILY gets zombified and kills a guy, what more could you want from a stupid horror flick designed to be viewed whilst drunk and in a partying mood?

 

Known in France as just regular ROCK ZOMBIES which I suppose is a bit more accurate:





No comments:

Post a Comment