/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, August 24, 2018

VENUS IN FURS (1969)



 Caught a 35mm screening of this one recently hosted by the great director Frank Henenlotter. While Mr. Frank purports that this is the greatest Jess Franco film I would have to mildly disagree. While it's always great to see any Franco on the big screen like God intended this one is a bit of a disjointed mess. In the cool music and awesome visuals department perhaps this is the peak of what Franco was able to accomplish but as for a coherent narrative it is a bit lacking. It does explore an interracial relationship before such things were acceptable so that's something. Sadly it lacks in the Klaus Kinski department as he is only in a couple of scenes but still manages to project his insane aura. I understand that it's a surreal dream-like experience but I feel that directors like Jean Rollin did that stuff better. I'm still glad I got to experience this one regardless and it's theme song is definitely an earworm. I guess I'm just a fan of his more horrific and sleazier journeys into the exploitation cinema wasteland.




Originally known as PAROXISMUS which means "violent attack", I think?:






No comments:

Post a Comment