/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, October 25, 2019

DON'T PANIC (1988)



 This is the 3rd horror film by Mexican director Ruben Galindo Jr. that I've seen now. After viewing this and the other two, CEMETERY OF TERROR(the one that's kind of reminiscent of HALLOWEEN) and GRAVE ROBBERS(the one that's kind of reminiscent of a FRIDAY THE 13th movie), I'm kind of getting the feeling that Mr. Ruben might be the king of Mexican rip-offs of popular 80's horror franchises. I know that is not much of a compliment but it does at least make him memorable to me. The films all, including this one which contains elements from A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, at least put some unique spins on the source material and make them different enough to not be entirely predictable. In this case we get a high-school kid who runs around in dinosaur pajamas trying to stop a vaguely Freddy-esque killer who appears in visions our "hero" has. There's a bit of blood but it never really gets as gory as Galindo's earlier films from what I recall. Though it's been a while since I've watched those 2 and I'm due for re-watches.
 Screaming Mad George is credited with fx work on this which was a bit surprising to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment