/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SLACKER (1991)



This here is one of the milestones of 90's indie cinema. The movie that inspired Kevin Smith to start making films, for whatever that's worth. Is it that wonderful though? This movie ain't for everyone. It's like a stream of consciousness put to celluloid. I do find it mesmerizing and I do like it while I'm caught up in it's trip. I would never recommend it to anyone though. Director Richard Linklater went on to make a bunch of Hollywood crap after this interesting early work. The main flaw I can comment on is that the whole thing just screams 1990's and there's not much that's worse than the 90's except for the 00's and I'm sure the 10's as well. So Generation X here's your movie and just like your whole generation it's amusing for the moment and then ultimately forgettable.

Traumatized yatch owner:

No comments:

Post a Comment