/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

ENTER THE VOID (2009)


 A truly interesting visual presentation that seems designed to bring about epileptic fits or perhaps dancing about with glow sticks, I'm not sure which.  If a better director cut this down to about  90 minutes, from it's current running time of over 2 and a half hours, I feel it would be improved vastly.  The repeating of certain scenes for seemingly no reason plus the dragging out of scenes to make them seem overly important could be trimmed down easily with no loss to the central story.  Another improvement might be getting actors that can actually act.  Just a thought.  Overall though I'm glad I saw this even with all it's flaws.  Where else am I going to get a vagina's-eye view of an orgasmic penis seemingly covering the audience with it's spermy surprise?   The film also strangely works as a psychedelic, hippie-dippy, discourse on Buddhist philosophy.  So if any of that sounds interesting I say check it out.  Just make sure to pack a lunch.

Perhaps the greatest opening credits I've ever seen on a big screen:

No comments:

Post a Comment