/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Friday, October 1, 2010

SCORPIO RISING (1964)


 If I was to be a homosexual I would definitely be more of the gay leather biker type.  I mean the aesthetic value alone was just so much cooler than any of the other subsets of  gayness. Not that I'm an expert or anything but with saying that, I find this Kenneth Anger short a delightful trip down gay memory lane and a peak into a fetishistic underworld that I have only really experience via William Friedkin's CRUISING and creaky old time stag movies.  Plus the audio , which consists of 60's pop songs is fucking awesome just by itself!  It takes such a simplistic idea and delivers it with such artistic quality.  It's too bad that type of creativity seems to be dead in most current filmmakers.  Scorsese, John Waters and a shitload of others should send this guy a check.  Swastikas, skull-faces, James Dean, drugs, leather-clad tough-guy bikers and a whole bunch more insanity.  Jesus pops up occasionally also, which is nice for the whole family.  This might be one of my favorite films.

Check it out you art fags!:

No comments:

Post a Comment