/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Monday, September 26, 2011

THE WITCHMAKER (1969)


I have to admit that this movie isn't really very good.  It's full of lots of talking about witchcraft and devil-worshiping and the action is pretty stretched out through the running time.  But that being said this was a movie that I used to catch on New York's channel 9 Chiller Theater, or maybe it was the 4 o'clock movie, every once in a while back when I was a kid and I remember it scaring me.  So just for the sentimental value alone I rate this one higher than it realistically should be.  Being shot in the swamps of Louisiana I feel the movie does do a good job of creating a good spooky atmosphere throughout the whole film.   It also features a performance by a large fellow in a furry vest who's a warlock or "a berserk" as they refer to him and this guy used to give me nightmares so I guess if you were a monster obsessed kid in the 70's he crept around in your head for a while at night when you were trying to sleep.  Of course the movie also features Alvy Moore who was a familiar character on GREEN ACRES which kinda kills the scary tension that mighta been built up.  There's also a lack of nudity from all the hot-looking witches and their victims and that's a damn shame and seems very strange since there's almost a naked lady right there on the poster.  My DVD of this film is titled THE LEGEND OF WITCH HOLLOW and for some reason that sounds really silly to me.  Probably cuz it reminds me of that stupid SLEEPY HOLLOW story.  I can't really recommend this one unless you have a fond child-hood attachment or maybe you have a fetish for girls hung upside down before being sacrificed to Satan. AKA THE NAKED WITCH

No comments:

Post a Comment