/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

VAMPIRE GIRL VS. FRANKENSTEIN GIRL (2009)



Probably my favorite of the new wave of recent extremely gory/extremely strange ultra-violent Japanese movies that I've seen. They are all full of horrible looking CGI and so is this one. I think the addition of intentionally comedic bits helps out a lot though. Overall it's a hyper bizarre mix of industrial music, monster fights, hot Japanese schoolgirls, wrist slitting competitions and strange black worship which I think is gonna come off as pretty racist to most Americans who see this. Knowing a little bit about the ganguro trend (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganguro) helps ya kinda see where they're coming from with that. In fact, the whole thing is a strange mockery of Japanese teenagers, trends and high school. This is also the 1st one of these things I've caught in a theater which doubled my appreciation. It was very cool to actually see this in a theater even though I had to sit near a loud gentleman who smelled of hot dog water.

No comments:

Post a Comment