/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

DON"T GO IN THE WOODS (1981)


While not the worst slasher movie I've ever seen DON"T GO IN THE WOODS loses a lot of points for me simply because it's so god-damned annoying. The main thing I'm talking about is the strange abrasive use of wacky sound effects throughout the whole movie. I'm not sure if it's supposed to throw you off while watching and create some kinda spooky mood but it just serves to piss me off and ruin what could be a much better slasher. I rewatched this recently after reading about director James Bryan in the AMERICAN NIGHTMARE book. He is an interesting guy and I would love to see his early sex films, they look quite bizarre. This movie just never seems to come together for me. Some of the murders are pretty brutal and very bloody but there's no rhyme or reason for anything that happens.  A guy murders campers and that's the whole plot!  Brilliant.

Oh Dick:

No comments:

Post a Comment