/* Scroll box by BloggerSentral.com START */ Html2 .widget-content { height: 200px; overflow: auto; } /* Scroll box END */

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!

A mad journey into the mind of the depraved!
Recommended for devolved primates only!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

SCREAM OF THE WOLF (1974)


Peter Graves, best known to me as that guy from MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and the voice of the BIOGRAPHY series, stars here as a hunter investigating a series of strange murders that the public think is a werewolf. This is a TV movie so most of the kill scenes take place off-screen and there's no blood to be seen, also no nudity. What they try to do instead of that stuff is fill the movie with some interesting plot devices. Like what if, unlike just about every other werewolf movie, a guy was really happy to be a wolfman and had no remorse about it? Or what if there were actual motives for our monster attacks?
The film was directed by Dan Curtis who was responsible for tons of famous TV stuff like DARK SHADOWS and TRILOGY OF TERROR and has the feel of your standard 70's TV stuff with a twist ending that wraps things up in a familiar style. The main problem with the ending is that it takes away most of the horror movie elements and leaves things with more of a thriller conclusion. Not terrible for a TV movie but not something I'd recommend unless you're a big fan of 70's style kitschiness.

2 comments:

  1. You were a lot less harsh then I was when I reviewed this piece of crap. Oh and I hated it enough to fill my review with spoilers. I know you love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I didn't read your review before I watched this then.

    I feel like this had the potential to be a cool movie. At least the idea that a hunter becomes a werewolf and likes it was unique. Too bad they didn't really go all the way with that.

    ReplyDelete